Life Is Too Short To…
Mi, the past few days have been like a roller-coaster. And the closer I get to my birthday (yeah yeah, your little girl will be one year
closer to older). And definitely wiser. Because Life is too short not to recognize how awesome I am. Yes, I am working on my self-love and yes, yes, I know nobody deserves my love more than I do.
What I really want to tell you right now – I’ll get to the life updates over the next few days – is this.
Life is too short to
- Listen to others crap over me or my stuff
- Feel bad about the past
- Cry over the future
- Miss the glory of the present
- Worry over what others might think
- Think before I utter every word, wondering how it might sound
- Sound too positive for my own good. I am human too and need to vent
- Regret anything but very few things that are justified
- Sit and indulge in wishful thinking. Actions speak.
- Delay writing that book / those books
- Not make me a priority. It is my life, after all
- Spend time with people who don’t make me happy
- Pay attention to negative talk
- Heed my inner critic
- Avoid calling a spade a spade – that used to be my specialty, remember?
- Hold myself back from telling it like it is
- Stop myself from doing the things I want to do
- Keep myself from indulging in being nice to myself
- Restrain myself from enjoying myself
- Feel guilty about my mistakes. I am learning, aren’t I?
As I said, I’ll get to the detailed stuff later, but the headlines for today? I plan to focus more on the I me myself, my health and my writing. Because I’ve promises to keep. I have miles to go before I sleep. And see what I am making for myself, Mi!
About time, eh?
Now…to live it 😀
Today I am also celebrating World Gratitude Day. Yup!
I, Me and Myself – I thought it would be impossible for me to write for this prompt – but I remembered my motto – impossible is nothing – and got right down to it. Indeed, I, me and myself are not interchangeable. At the highest level, they are the same!