As the deadline I set myself draws nearer, I am thinking, planning, making lists, Mi. I really want to accomplish what I’ve noted down by October 31, or at least get as close to doing it as possible.
Ten things I must finish this coming week:
- Tackle the 7 coconuts by planning various items. Even as I procrastinate over what to do with it, I am thinking of grating all of them and storing them in the freezer. That makes sense, right? Once grated, I can use them for anything.
- Sort out the papers I’ve collected in the boxes. I’ve got them in the middle of the room in the study so they’re a constant reminder! But the way some days turn out, I just feel so pissy. Can you believe when I told Vidur yesterday about how I had to go through every box to search for the laptop papers, he actually asked me if I had sorted the boxes out as I looked through them? Reminded me of you so much. And I felt proud of myself when I didn’t snap at him. Instead, I answered sweetly saying my goal was to find the papers not sort the boxes. Bah!
- Make a plan for next month’s writing – NaNoWriMo will be here! I am so excited! Never mind that I am behind with this month’s stuff…but hey. What is life without an overload and overambitious goals?
- Clear out my wardrobe and make bags to give away.
- That cupboard in the bedroom, gosh. Like our government’s five-year plan, it keeps extending. I have disposed off some stuff, still, it is never-ending! I really must clear it out as I need the extra storage!
- Manage my time better – social media is such a time-suck. So is email. So I must restrict my time and plan so I can get things done. Otherwise, I have just no idea where the time went and have nothing to show for it. Guilt is all that remains and that’s not a good thing.
- Clean up kitchen. Get rid of extras. Already in process.
- Paint the shoe-shelf and pots. Also consider painting the bathroom walls. Not sure if I’ll achieve this in Oct, but what’s to stop me from planning?
- Clean out fridge. I am already half way there.
- Develop the habit of sleeping earlier. I really must do this. Today, I ditched the computer at 7 pm and enjoyed a leisurely dinner and then watched tv for an hour. Felt real good. I could live with that!
So that’s my plan, Mi. Let’s see how successful I am. I am motivated and inspired. I also want to focus time on some hobbies. I get the feeling that time is running out. Crazy eh? It is a good feeling, though. And,of course, I am following this principle diligently!