But there are a dozen sounds that make me cringe.
- Chalk on blackboard. Yes. Just thinking of it freaks me out
- Shouting in anger. Nothing is worth wasting so much energy over
- Cries of pain. My heart just responds on autopilot
- Whining, complaining
- Know-it-all style yelling.Ugh.
- Bad-mouthing someone
- Constant criticism
- Dog howling
- Parent yelling at child
- Unwarranted sarcasm
A dozen sounds I would rather hear:
|Thank you, Ravi for this beautiful photo of a
Cormorant at the temple pond in Calicut
- My Mother’s voice
- Loving remarks
- Kind words
- Babies laughing
- Temple bells ringing
- Birds singing
- Sound of pigeons pecking grain from my metal plate
What sounds do you love?